No Noodle Eggplant Lasagna

27 Sep

I love this recipe. You don’t even notice there are no noodles in this dish. Not to mention, whenever I use my Skinny Bolognese Sauce I’m in heaven.

Eggplant Lasagna
Ingredients

• 1 small Eggplant or 1/2 large Eggplant
  • 15 oz. Low fat Ricotta Cheese
  • 1 Egg Whites
  • 1 tbsp Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute
  • 1/2 tbsp fresh or freeze-dried Parsley
  • 1/2 tbsp fresh or freeze-dried Basil
  •  1/4 tsp Black Pepper
  • 25 leaves of  Spinach (you can more)
  • 3 cups Skinny Bolognese Sauce
  • 2 cups shredded Low fat Mozzarella Cheese
  • Sea salt

Pre-heat oven 375 degrees or 350

The trick to cooking with Eggplant is to drain the eggplant slices of excess moisture first, before cooking.

Remove the skin of the eggplant.

Cut eggplant thin like lasagna noodles.

Arrange the eggplant (one layer at a time) in the bottom of a colander and sprinkle with salt. Drain for 1 hour.

In a medium size bowl add the Ricotta, egg white, parsley, basil, 21 seasoning salute and pepper. Mix well.

In the bottom of a 9×9 back pan add 1 cup of Skinny Bolognese Sauce.

Wipe the salt off the eggplant and add one layer of eggplant.

Top with another cup of the Skinny Bolognese Sauce.

Top with ricotta mixture.

Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella over the ricotta.

Top with spinach.

Add another layer of the eggplant.

Add the last cup of Skinny Bolognese Sauce.

Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella.

Cover will foil (Tenting the foil, so the cheese doesn’t stick to the foil.)

Bake for 30 minutes Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.

Nutritional Info

• Servings Per Recipe: 6
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 248.7
  • Total Fat: 7.4 g
  • Cholesterol: 39.9 mg
  • Sodium: 817.0 mg
  • Total Carbs: 19.9 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
  • Protein: 28.6 g

15 Responses to “No Noodle Eggplant Lasagna”

1. Dawn September 29, 2011 at 1:42 pm #

Yum, this sounds wonderful!! And no meat! Stopping by from the blog hop.

2. Lula Harp September 30, 2011 at 4:06 am #

Brilliant! I’m making lasagna this weekend and was trying to come up with a way to make it gluten free. This is perfect. Thanks for the great idea!

3. Skinny Stove October 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

Thank you and you’re welcome.

4. Tara October 25, 2011 at 6:32 pm #

This looks yummy and is gluten free! Made a lasagna using gluten free noodles recently but this looks like a yummy alternative (hopefully family will eat it). Signed up to follow you via email.

New follower from blog hop. Check out my blog.

5. Stephanie Govar September 10, 2012 at 10:13 pm #

I’ve made this a few times and it has become a staple in our dinner rotation. It takes a while to make the sauce but I freeze it and use it for other dishes too.

6. Michelle December 17, 2012 at 2:09 am #

I just made this, it was ok but the eggplant was not soft as I expected and was not fully cooked. It was also watery. i did sweat and dry the eggplant before cookomg. Any suggestions

7. Skinny Stove February 19, 2013 at 2:34 am #

Awesome!! That’s what I do. Our family loves it so it’s well worth it. Thanks for the comment.

8. Skinny Stove February 19, 2013 at 2:36 am #

Try cutting the eggplant thinner and sweat them out longer. I hope that helps. Thanks for the comment.

9. Michelle February 19, 2013 at 3:14 pm #

Thank you for your reply. I tried this again and broiled the eggplant first and skipped the spinach. This came up perfectly the second time. it think broiling the eggplant first really helped dry it out more.

10. Skinny Stove February 19, 2013 at 10:20 pm #

Great idea! Thanks!

11. Naomi May 8, 2013 at 5:22 pm #

This is BRILLIANT! I am a lasagna lover and when I eat low-carb, it’s a food that I really miss. I’m so excited about this!!

12. restaurantdesignss.newsvine.com May 19, 2013 at 5:43 pm #

I’m a complete starter in the case of cooking, but this recipe was convenient even for me! It had been utterly delectable!! Thanks towards the pretty individual who additional this recipe!

13. Rebekah J February 10, 2014 at 4:26 am #

I made this for dinner tonight and it was amazing. I added three huge handfuls of spinach to mine and used one whole large eggplant.

14. Rebekah J February 10, 2014 at 4:31 am #

I also used marinara sauce instead the meat sauce suggested in the recipe.

15. TERRI March 16, 2014 at 4:40 pm #

I can’t wait to try this lasagna. Guilt free